YWCA Mahoning Valley and Youngstown Business Incubator are proud to present the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Conference on Saturday, February 9. Women in any stage of the entrepreneurship journey, from idea to product, will get insight on how to build, grow, and find success in their business as they network with other women, connect with resources, and learn from successful area entrepreneurs.
– Deanna Fusillo, Founder of Sassy Girl Media, LLC and The Startup Circle
– Dr. Helen Muga, Professor of Engineering at Baldwin Wallace University and Founder of Pacific Water
– Marisa Sergi, Founder and CEO of RedHead Wine
– Carmella Williams, Director of Diversity and Inclusion at YBI and Founder of Carmella Marie, Inc.
Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Continental breakfast and lunch included.
RSVP by February 4.
Vendor Table Options:
– Nonprofits and Organizations: register for a $5 resource table to share information about your work. Please, no sale of merchandise at this level.
– Businesses and Entrepreneurs: register for a $10 vendor table to advertise and sell your products.
Support for this event is provided by the Coca-Cola Foundation and YWCA USA.
For more information, please contact Varada at (330) 746-6361 ext. 112 or email@example.com.
Based on current trends, pay equity will not be achieved until the year 2106.
Women working full time in the United States typically are paid just 80 percent of what men are paid – and it’s even less for black women, Latinas, and Native women.
Attend this FREE two-hour salary negotiation workshop hosted by the Younger Women’s Task Force of Youngstown and YWCA Mahoning Valley to learn how to confidently and successfully negotiate your salary, a promotion, and benefits. In this workshop, you’ll gain confidence in your negotiation style through facilitated discussion and role-playing exercises. You will learn:
*How to identify and articulate your personal value
*How to develop an arsenal of persuasive responses and other strategies to use when negotiating
*How to conduct objective market research to benchmark a target salary and benefits
*About the wage gap, including its long-term consequences
7:30pm-8:00pm: Closing Remarks
Refreshments will be provided.