YWCA Discovery Place
An Early Learning Center in Downtown Youngstown
YWCA Discovery Place is a licensed center offering affordable, quality childcare close to home, class, and work. We serve children ages 6 weeks to 5 years with infant, toddler, and preschool programs. We are proud to have a low teacher-to-child ratio and degreed staff.
We offer year-round kindergarten readiness curriculum and STEM-focused education for preschoolers. All children in our care receive nutritious meals and snacks, enjoy indoor and outdoor play, and take part in field trips.
Open Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 6 pm
- Up to 10% discount for families working or living within a 1-mile radius of YWCA
- ODJFS childcare vouchers welcome!
For more information, please contact:
- Emily Coelho at (330) 746-6361 ext. 125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childcare at YWCA is supported by United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley.
YWCA Discovery Place is located at YWCA Mahoning Valley’s Youngstown office. We are conveniently located between YSU’s campus and downtown.
YWCA Discovery Place
25 W. Rayen Ave.
Youngstown, OH 44503
Parents and guardians can expect to be buzzed in when dropping off and picking up children.
You can make a payment in person at YWCA’s office or use our online form to make a payment to your account.
After you’ve spoken with our staff and made the decision to enroll your child in YWCA’s childcare program, you will need to fill out and return the Standard Enrollment Packet. This form must be signed by hand in order to be accepted.
Standard Enrollment Packet: Childcare Services Contract
Payment Fee Structure: YWCA Childcare Rates
Additional forms which may requested by staff:
- Request for administration of Medication: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01217/pdf/
- Routine trip permission form: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01225/pdf/
- Field trip permission form: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01226/pdf/
- Child enrollment and health information: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01234/pdf/
- Infant sleep position waiver: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01235/pdf/
- Child medical physical care plan: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01236/pdf/
- Child Medical statement: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01305/pdf/
- Basic infant information form: http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS01218/pdf/
- Special diet form: http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/Other-Resources/Food-and-Nutrition/Child-and-Adult-Care-Food-Program-CACFP/CACFP-Center-Based-Component/Special_Diet_Form_CACFP.pdf.aspx
*Note that any children under 18 months must maintain full-time status.